Monday, June 17, 2013

Kids

you know im just a kid
pretending
in the adults world
my hearts a blissful playground
for you to join
and do all that you want

i ve got issues
just like any other kid
that pretends and fakes
a smile
to a world that
will never comprehend
or choose to
do or die

my ego makes me a man
for that
i hated me
but the kid will not give up
nor he will show
the white flag

you know im just a kid
and my toys
are sounds and words
you shaped them dear
as you can see
your presence has
an impact on me

you know im just a kid
with torn up jeans
and blood on his knees
waiting for your calming hand
to stroke my hair
and squeeze my cheeks

though i may be a kid
but the challenge and
the routine
will bring out
the grown up man
in me

i will insist
for the growth of the self

the kid is dead
long live the kid

No comments:

Post a Comment